If you're looking for a beach wheelchair that is both highly functional and adjustable, look no further! The Sandcruiser® beach wheelchair is one of the most popular chairs on the market.
Looking for a smaller chair? Be sure to view the little sister of Sandcruiser® - the Sandpiper® beach wheelchair.
- Can be pushed along soft or hard sand and into shallow waters
- Provides a smooth ride on sand, snow, grass and gravel
- Marine grade stainless steel - it's super tough!
- 500mm seat height and moveable arms allow for easy user transfer
- No tools required for 2 minute assembly or disassembly
- Compact when disassembled - fits in most medium & large vehicles
- Fully adjustable leg rest
- 360 degree turning front castors
- Unique anti-tip & brake bar + lap belt for the greatest safety
- All assembly pins wired to frame - never lose a part!
- Best low pressure tyres on the market
- Quick release Docril acrylic canvas is UV stabilised
- Approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- Optional snow chains also available
Push Mobility beach access expert review
The Sandcruiser beach wheelchair is a portable and robust beach wheel that's been on the Australian market for many years. What really sets it apart for us is the adjustable nature of the chair, it's high safety rating with anti-tip and breaking and it's high grade stainless construction. The Sandcruiser is a popular choice for many surf clubs throughout Australia, and families looking for a portable chair.
Whilst the chair isn't designed to float, it does offer an excellent experience on the beach and in shallow waters. To gain the longest life out of the fabric, we recommend a wash down after each use and storing the fabric out of direct sunlight.
Before purchasing this chair we recommend;
- Check that the wheelchair will fit in your vehicle
- Check that the dimensions and weight ratings suitable
- Check whether your local surf club already offers free rental
- Consult with your therapist and Push Mobility about suitability
- Consider whether this might be a good fit with your NDIS plan
- For personal use - always trial a wheelchair before purchasing
- Ensure your local beach has safe gradients & surfaces
Why buy from Push Mobility?
- We're Australia’s leading provider of high quality beach access equipment
- We sell many beach wheelchairs and can advise on suitability
- Push Mobility is a specialised disability equipment & service provider
- Free trails available in most states - contact us to book now
- We offer full maintenance services and stand behind our products
- NDIS registered provider (99769390)
- Generous warranty periods on all products sold
Assuming proper use within the manufacturer guidelines, Push Mobility offers the following warranty;
- 3 year on structural frame
- 2 year on fabric and components
- Warranty does not apply to punctures, lost parts or improper use
- Chair width (at widest point): 990mm
- Max weight rating: 120kg
- Weight of chair: 30kg
- Seat height: 550mm
- Max hip width: 480mm
- Front wheels: 2 x Wheeleez 30cm x 18cm
- Rear wheels: 2 x Wheeleez 49cm x 23cm
- Colour: Blue (yellow chairs shown are the smaller Sandpiper model)
- Generally in stock and shipped within 1-5 days
Other key Features:
- All metal components are manufactured from 316L Stainless Steel with 600 # surface finished electropolished to a mirror surface, all tube 1.6mm wall thickness marine grade.
- Seat height of 500mm allows easy transfer of the patient from chair to chair.
- No special tools required to dismantle for transport, the use of 6.0mm drop nose pins and “R” clips make dismantle and reassembly effortless.
- A fully adjustable leg rest with padded hinge protectors, adjustable clamp handles with push pin allows handles to be re-positioned after clamping.
- New design, all stainless steel pivot armrests allow both armrests to be raised for easy patient transfer.
- Sandcruiser® All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheelchair rides over sand, snow, grass and gravel surfaces absorbing shocks for a smooth ride.
- Front castors have a Delrin bush with stainless steel bearings inserts to allow for a full 360-degree rotation to allow the Sandcruiser® All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheelchair to turn in tight locations. The front forks are fitted with a quick release “R” pin to allow for dismantling for transport.
- The anti-tip / brake bar secures the chair in one procedure and is also fitted with a positive lock/release bar for added safety. The brake bar locks both rear wheels and when engaged prevents the Sandcruiser® from tipping over backward while making the chair stable for a safe patient transfer.
- All assembly pins are secured to the main frame with 40kg nylon coated stainless steel wire crimp clamped for added strength (note fitted to rear axle “R” clips).
- Low tire pressure reduces the risk of penetration of sharp objects and produces a very smooth and comfortable ride.
- Upholstery is manufactured in Marine Acrylic Canvas which is mold and rot resistant. The fabric is also saltwater resistant and U/V stable. Seating is fitted with quick release buckles for easy removal, i.e. cleaning etc.
- A lap belt is fitted to secure the patient to the chair. Additional Thoracic Belts, Head Rests etc. can be purchased if required.
- Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) No. 191974
3 Year Warranty on Frame
24 Months Warranty on Wheels and Upholstery