The Magene L508 Radar Tail Light can accurately provide visual and audible alerts from your compatible GPS bike computer to warn of vehicles approaching from behind up to 140 metres away. This is a great device to keep you safe when you're out hand cycling on the road.
Blind Spot Monitor
The radar has a beam angle up to 40 degrees, so it can detect rear vehicles even at corners.
The radar of L508 uses millimeter-wave pulse signals to provide comprehensive and stable detection of high-speed motor vehicles and even slow-moving bicycles.
5 Light Modes
Quick and easy switch with only one click between Solid Mode, Flashing Mode, Pulse Mode, Peloton Mode and Radar-only Mode. Supports 220-degree wide viewing angle with visibility of up to 1.2km.
- Peloton Mode - low brightness and a softer light to protect the eyes of fellow cyclists.
- Flashing / Pulse Mode - after connecting to the Magene Utility APP, you can customise the interval.
Light / Radar Combination
Customise all light modes with Radar Easy On/Off. Examples;
- Solid Mode + Radar ON - short commuter rides at night on open roads
- Flashing Mode + Radar ON - long-distance rides at night on open roads (for longer battery life)
- Peloton Mode + Radar OFF - night group training on a closed road
- Radar Only Mode - daytime riding on open roads
Accelerometer can quickly detect and enter 3 seconds highlight mode even with slight braking, while ignoring shaking and small bumps to prevent false starts.
Vehicle Approach Warning
If a rear vehicle enter within 140 metres, the taillight enters flashing mode for 2 seconds. This feature only activates when rear vehicle approach suddenly.
Auto-Sleep / Auto-Wake
Vibration sensor allows it to enter sleep mode after 5 minutes in stationary position, and wake when when moving again. (NOTE. Feature is turned off by default - it must be activated manually in the Magene Utility APP)
- Detection Distance (max) - 140 metres
- Detection Angle (horizontal) - 40 degrees
- Detection Angle (vertical) - +/- 10 degrees
- Detectable Target Speed (relative) - 10 to 120 km/h
- Smart Brake Sensing
- Auto-sleep - after 5 minutes
- Modes - solid, flashing (20 lumens) / pulse (3 - 20 lumens) / peloton (6 lumens) / radar-only
- Viewing Angle - 220 degrees
- Wireless - Bluetooth, ANT+
- Charging - USB Type-C
- Solid Mode - 6h
- Flashing Mode - 10h
- Peloton Mode - 8h
- Pulse Mode - 12h
- Standby Mode - up to 3 months
- Charging Time - 3 hrs (full cycle)
Compatible with the following bike computers
- Wahoo - Bolt, Roam
- Garmin - 130, 520, 530, 820, 830, 1000, 1030, 1040
- Bryton - R750, S500
Compatible with the following smart watches
- Garmin Forerunner 245, 645, 735, 745, 935, 945
- Garmin D2
- Garmin Fenix 5, 5s, 5x, 5Plus, 5xPlus, 6s, 6x, 6Pro, 6sPro, 6xPro
- L508 Smart Bike Radar Tail Light
- Rubber Strap x3
- Seat post bracket (with pad)
- USB Type-C cable
- Safety strap