Thinking about a change of how you use your SmartDrive?
The Speed Control Dial is A NEW controller option for SmartDrive.
Discover how to power your push your way with Speed Control Dial.
The new Speed Control Dial brings next-level control and intuitiveness to SmartDrive. Users are now able to start, stop, and adjust their speeds by simply rotating the dial forwards or backwards.
It is hard-wired and is powered directly by the SmartDrive unit, so there is no need to charge two devices, and setup takes less than 5 minutes.
Installation is easy, the Speed Control Dial simply mounts onto your chair and it is easy to use within any situation and environment.
- LED light turns on when SpeedControl Dial is activated
Boasting an ergonomic design for universal accessibility
- Consumer tested and approved
Stop, Start and change your speed on-the-go
NOTE: The SmartDrive Speed Control Dial Extension Arm is sold separately, to order yours today, click here
Wanting to know more about the Smartdrive speed control dial and if it is compatible for SmartDrives from 2019 - Present? Read below.
- If the SmartDrive is a MX2+ as listed on the ID plate = Will be compatible already/will only require the OTA update.
- If the SmartDrive is a MX2 as listed on the ID plate and the user is using a PT1 pushtracker or newer [2-button Pushtracker] = SmartDrive will either already be good to go / require OTA update
- If the SmartDrive is a MX2 as listed on the ID plate ant the user is using an early push tracker [single button PT] = serial number to see if board has been replaced, but generally will require new Circuit Board to allow the latest firmware.
Another quick way to see if a unit is compatible is using a phone with the push tracker app, or, the push tracker connected to the SmartDrive to check the SmartDrive firmware.
MCU firmware version 2.2 onwards will be compatible with the SmartDial.
Speed Control Dial Video Tutorial Here
Download Instruction Manual Here
Download Training Guide Here
NOTE: If you are experiencing issues with delays in synchronising the SpeedControl Dial, we recommend that you reset or re download your SmartDrive app as well as turning the SpeedControl Dial off and then back on. These issues can last for up to 24 hours. If you continue to experience issues please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 721 328.
SmartDrive Speed Control Dial FAQ's
How do I install Speed Control Dial?
SpeedControl installation can easily be done in under five minutes!
1. Select Left/Right mounting location and position switch behind SpeedControl accordingly.
2. Assemble SpeedControl by sliding bolt onto the slot at the bottom, hook bracket to the SpeedControl, and place the appropriate spacer for your frame on the bracket.
3. Snap over frame and tighten using supplied tool and nut. After installing, make sure to run the cables to the back of the chair underneath the cushion. Once you plug in the SpeedControl, you’re ready to go! You can also use the optional Extended Mount for extra adjustability.
Are SpeedControl speed and acceleration settings programmable?
Yes. SpeedControl can be easily programmed by using the PushTracker mobile app to adjust “Wired Max Speed” and “Acceleration”. Please note that Acceleration settings apply to both wired and wireless control methods.
How do I use SpeedControl?
1. To turn on Power Assist, press against the face of the SpeedControl until the unit beeps and the LED turns on bright blue. 2. Make sure the dial is rotated all the way back to it’s “Stop” limit, then rotate forward to engage SmartDrive and increase speed. 3. Adjust your cruising speed by turning the dial forward if you want to go faster or backward if you want to go slower. 4. To stop, rotate the SpeedControl back to “stop” limit and hold on to your wheels.
How do I turn Power Assist On/Off?
Turn Power Assist ON: Press and hold against the face of the SpeedControl until the unit beeps and the LED turns on bright blue. Turn Power Assist OFF: Press and hold against the face of the SpeedControl until the unit beeps and LED turns off.
SpeedControl mounted directly to my frame interferes with my ability to transfer in/out of my chair. What can I do?
If you haven’t already tried so, use the Extended Mount to position the SpeedControl in a way that doesn’t interfere with your transfers. If that doesn’t work for you, we have other control options that might better fit your needs.
What SmartDrive models are compatible with SpeedControl?
SpeedControl works with SmartDrive MX2+ models that have had the latest firmware update. To update your SmartDrive MX2+ firmware: 1. Power ON your SmartDrive Unit. 2. On your PushTracker Mobile App, click on the top right gear icon to go into settings. 3. Click on the top right icon (phone with downward pointing arrow) to scan for Wireless Updates. 4. Click on “Start”
Can SpeedControl be used with other control options?
SpeedControl can be used along with a PushTracker or Apple Watch. SmartDrive only allows for one wired control option to be used at a time.